Lately a lot of people have asked me this question, so I thought it would help to clarify a few points …
“Chakras are the major energy centres in our bodies, regulating physical vitality, emotional moods, and spiritual abilities.” (Doreen Virtue, Ph.D. 2005) When our chakras are balanced our lives tend to be harmonious, but when they are unbalanced, chaos appears in the related area.
The word ‘chakra’ means ‘wheel’ in the ancient Eastern language of Sanskrit, and these energy wheels within the body push life-force energy around the body. There are seven major chakras and they include:
* Root Chakra (base of the spine)
* Sacral Chakra (midway between belly button and base of spine)
* Solar Plexus Chakra (belly button)
* Heart Chakra (heart)
* Throat Chakra (throat)
* Third Eye Chakra (between the two eyes)
* Ear Chakra (ears)
* Crown Chakra (top of the head)
Each chakra relates to a specific area of your life (and has a particular colour associated with it) and so if an area of your life is not working or un-harmonious it is probably because the corresponding energy centre is unbalanced or blocked. So, by balancing the chakras with Meditation or Reiki Energy Healing (for example) you can bring harmony to the areas of your life too.
* Root – colour = red – related to career, finances, home and material security
* Sacral – colour = orange – related to bodily health, sexuality, creativity, and appetites/desires
* Solar Plexus – colour = yellow – related to power, self confidence, control and self-esteem
* Heart – colour = green – related to relationships, love and clairsentience (clear feeling)
* Throat – colour = light blue – related to speaking the truth to self and others
* Third Eye – colour = indigo/blue – related to clairvoyance (clear seeing) and psychic abilities
* Ear – colour = violet – related to clairaudience (clear hearing)
* Crown – colour = white – related to claircognizance (clear knowing)
Contact Pip on 0437 670 280 … if you are interested in Meditation or Reiki Energy Healing to balance the chakras.
Doreen Virtue – Angel Medicine ‘How to heal the body and mind with the help of angels’ – 2004
Doreen Virtue & Judith Lukomski – Crystal Therapy ‘How to heal and empower your life with crystal energy’ – 2005
Okay so it’s (NEARLY) December y’all … ha ha … I don’t say y’all … but it felt like a fun way to start this